which she was discharged on that date and had not been subjected to discriminatory treatment by defendant, she would have received "competent" or better performance appraisals; and her position would have been upgraded from a Grade 10 to a Grade 11 in January 1982 and she would be earning an annual salary of $27,495 (PX 21, 24; Testimony of Janet La Marre).
30. The plaintiff would have also been entitled to other employment benefits in addition to higher pay if she had continued her employment with GHI from August 1, 1981 including, but not limited to, cost-free health insurance for herself and her son and cost-free group term life insurance.
CONCLUSIONS OF LAW
1. The Court has jurisdiction of this matter.
2. The Court concludes that the plaintiff has sustained by a preponderance of the evidence that she was a victim of racial discrimination and that she was unlawfully terminated from her employment with Group Hospitalization, Inc. on July 31, 1981, all in violation of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, 42 U.S.C. §§ 2000e-1 et seq.
3. That the plaintiff is entitled to reinstatement to the position she held at the time of her unlawful termination or an equivalent position, together with all the entitlements and benefits she would have received during the period of her unlawful termination.
JUDGMENT AND ORDER UNDER TITLE VII
In accordance with the Memorandum Opinion and the findings of fact and conclusions of law set out therein, filed on this date, the Court enters the following judgment and order on the claim of the plaintiff Sylvia Anderson, under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, 42 U.S.C. §§ 2000e-1 et seq. (Title VII); and it is
ADJUDGED and ORDERED as follows:
1. That the plaintiff Sylvia Anderson is awarded judgment against the defendant Group Hospitalization, Inc., because of the defendant's wrongful termination of her employment on July 31, 1981. The termination of the plaintiff's employment was based on her race, in violation of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
2. That the defendant shall reinstate plaintiff, retroactive to August 1, 1981, to the position of Assistant Supervisor, or its equivalent, at a current grade and annual salary of Grade 11 earning $27,495 per year. The defendant shall also provide and pay to the plaintiff all wage, retirement and other employment emoluments that would have accrued to her benefit as a Grade 10 Assistant Supervisor until January 1982 and as a Grade 11 Assistant Supervisor since that date.
3. That the defendant is hereby enjoined from discriminating against plaintiff in the terms and conditions of her employment because of her race or because of her past opposition to such discrimination, including the filing of this suit.
4. Plaintiff is entitled to cover the costs of this action, including reasonable attorneys' fees. She shall file her request for any non-taxable costs and attorneys' fees within 15 days after the time for appeal from this Court's final judgment expires or within 15 days after any mandate of the Court of Appeals affirming that judgment, whichever is later.