increase for plaintiff for the 1984-85 academic year was based on discrimination.
114. Plaintiff did not report for duty on August 16, 1983. Plaintiff reported for work on August 29, 1983. Plaintiff's time and attendance was not certified for those days she was absent from duty and she was not paid for those days. See following memoranda: (1) August 23, 1983, J. Butler to Covington, "Faculty Members Failure to report for Duty"; (2) August 31, 1983, Covington to J. Butler, "Unexcused absence from departmental Responsibilities - Dr. Helen Martin-Trigona"; (3) August 31, 1983, Covington to J. Butler, "Time certification for pay period ending August 31, 1983, Dr. Helen Martin-Trigona, Willie Fay Garrett".
115. On September 19, 1983, plaintiff complained to Dr. Ewaugh Fields, Interim Coordinator for Academic Affairs, UDC Office of Academic Affairs, that she was improperly denied her pay for the period August 16, 1983 through August 31, 1983.
116. On September 23, 1983, Dr. Ewaugh Fields responded to plaintiff's complaint. She concluded that the non-certification of time for [plaintiff] during the period August 16, 1983 through August 28, 1983, was appropriate and in full accordance with the Master Agreement and University procedures." Dr. Fields found that plaintiff was informed of her responsibilities, plaintiff was absent from work on August 16, 17, 18, 19, 22, 23, 24, 25 and 26, 1983 without authorization and plaintiff had not requested leave.
117. Plaintiff did not complain to the EEOC that the non-certification of her time for August 16, 17, 18, 19, 22, 23, 24, 25, and 26, 1983 and lack of pay for such days was based on discrimination.
118. On February 19, 1984 (Sunday), plaintiff informed Chairperson Dr. Covington by letter that she was leaving for Florida on February 19, 1984 and that she would be absent February 21 (Tuesday) - 23 (Thursday), 1984.
119. Chairperson Dr. Covington informed plaintiff that her leave was unauthorized because she had not requested and obtained approval for the leave before taking the leave and that her time would not be certified for February 21, 22 and 23, 1984, when she was absent from work. Memorandum, February 28, 1984, Covington to Martin-Trigona, Unauthorized Leave.
120. Plaintiff complained to the EEOC that her lack of pay for missing three days in February 1984 was based on discrimination.
121. The pay of UDC faculty members is not withheld for disciplinary reasons. Pay is withheld for unauthorized leave.
In the College of Liberal and Fine Arts, Assistance Professor W.F. Garrett had pay withheld for absence from work on August 16, 17, 18, 19, 1983. Ms. Garrett is a black female. Laura Murray, College of Liberal and Fine Arts, had pay withheld for absence from work for pay period 8/16/84 - 8/31/84. Ms. Murray is a black female. Wilbert Rogers, College of Liberal and Fine Arts had pay withheld for absence from work for pay period 8/16/83 - 8/31/83. Mr. Rogers is a black male. In the College of Liberal Sciences, Brahama Kaushiva had pay withheld for absence from work. Mr. Kaushiva is an Indian male.
122. Plaintiff's Schedule for Fall 1983.
During fall 1983, plaintiff's schedule was as follows:
Public Speaking TR 8:00-9:20 a.m. Bldg. 41
Public Speaking MWF 9:00-9:50 a.m. Bldg. 13
Public Speaking TR 11:00-12:20 p.m. Bldg. 13
Public Speaking TR 12:30-1:45 p.m. Bldg. 13
© 1992-2004 VersusLaw Inc.