The opinion of the court was delivered by: Royce C. Lamberth, United States District Judge
ORDER GRANTING PRELIMINARY INJUCTION
UPON consideration of the Motion for Temporary Restraining Order and/or Preliminary Injuction (the "Motion") filed by Select Milk Producers, Inc., et al., ("Milk Producers"), any opposition thereto and having heard oral argument from all parties, and it appearing that Milk Producers have filed a Complaint and supporting Affidavits alleging that the Secretary of Agriculture (the "Secretary") has engaged in certain unlawful conduct, the Court hereby finds that:
1. Milk Producers will suffer immediate and irreparable harm unless the Secretary is enjoined from implementing a separate Class III Butterfat Price int he nation's Federal Milk Order System;
2. Milk Producers are likely to succeed on the merits of their claims;
3. Neither the Secreatary nor his agents will suffer harm if the Secretary is enjoined from implementing a separate Class III Bufferfat Price in the nation's Federal Milk Order System;
4. The public interest will be served if the Court maintains the status quo with respect to the Class III Butterfact Price until it has resolved the underlying claims presented by the Milk Producers' Complaint;
5. Milk Producers provided actual notice of its application for the relief set forth in the Motion, and copies of all pleadings and papers filed in this action have been furnished to the Defendant; and
6. For the reasons stated on the record at the conclusion of the hearing good cause exists for granting a Preliminary Injuction.
NOW THEREFORE, it is this 31st day of January, 2001 by the United States District for the District of Columbia
ORDERED that until the final determination of this action, the Secretary, his officers, agents, servants, employees and attorneys and those persons in active concert or participation with them who receive actual notice of this order by personal service or otherwise are ENJOINED from implementing the provisions for a new Class III Butterfact Price in amended regulations found at 7 C.F.R. Parts 1000-1135 and at Fed. Reg. 76832 (December 7, 2000) and 65 Fed. Reg. 82832 (December 28, 2000). In compliance with this Order, the Secretary is directed to make necessary changes to the Interim Final Order as specified in Attachment 1 hereto.
The following changes shall be made to the order language appearing at ...