UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA
February 3, 2009
AHMED YASLAM SAID KUMAN, PETITIONER,
BARACK H. OBAMA, ET AL.,*FN1 RESPONDENTS.
The opinion of the court was delivered by: John D. Bates United States District Judge
Upon consideration of petitioner's motion to stay the proceedings in this case, and the entire record herein, it is hereby ORDERED that the motion is GRANTED. It is further ORDERED as follows:
1. Proceedings in this matter are stayed until April 30, 2009;
2. Either party may move to lift the stay upon notice to the other party; and
3. The status conference currently scheduled for February 11, 2009 is cancelled for this case. The status conference shall proceed as to the other petitioners for whom it is scheduled;
4. The parties in this case are relieved of their obligations under the Case Management Order until the stay is lifted;
5. The terms of the September 11, 2008 Protective Order and Procedures for Counsel Access to Detainees shall remain in effect.