UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA
August 12, 2009
AL HALMANDY, ET AL. PETITIONERS,
BARACK OBAMA, ET AL., RESPONDENTS.
The opinion of the court was delivered by: Ellen Segal Huvelle United States District Judge
(Mohammed, ISN 570)
Upon consideration of the matters discussed during a classified proceeding held on August 12, 2009, and for the reasons stated during that proceeding, it is hereby ORDERED that:
1) petitioner's counsel shall submit to the Court a proposed order regarding counsel's planned August 25-27, 2009 visit with petitioner;
2) respondents shall file a declassified statement of material facts on or before August 20, 2009;
3) respondents shall file a status report regarding their ability to search the source materials identified during the hearing as "Category 2" documents on or before August 20, 2009;
4) petitioner shall, after first consulting with respondents, make any discovery motions pursuant to Paragraph I.E.2 of the Case Management Order issued in In re Guantanamo Bay Detainee Litig., Misc. No. 08-442-TFH (Nov. 6, 2008) (Dkt. 940), amended by Order, Misc. No. 08-442-TFH (Dec. 16, 2008) (Dkt. 1315), on or before September 4, 2009, and respondents shall file their opposition on or before September 18, 2009;
5) respondents shall produce to petitioner's counsel all responsive documents located among the 800 documents located in agency sub-folders, identified during the hearing as "Category 1" documents, on or before September 18, 2009;
6) respondents shall file any motion to amend their statement of materials facts on or before September 21, 2009; and
7) a further status conference is set for October 2, 2009 at 10:30 a.m.
© 1992-2009 VersusLaw Inc.