Not what you're
looking for? Try an advanced search.
Buy This Entire Record For
Detar v. United States Government
United States District Court, District of Columbia
March 31, 2016
LEE M. DETAR, Plaintiff,
UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT, et al., Defendants.
TANYA S. CHUTKAN United States District Judge.
Plaintiff, who is proceeding pro se, filed suit against five named governmental entities: (1) the United States Government; (2) the Department of Defense; (3) the Defense Intelligence Agency; (4) the Central Intelligence Agency; and (5) the Federal Emergency Management Agency (“FEMA”) (collectively, “Defendants”). Plaintiff also names “John Doe” defendants in his Complaint. Before the court are two motions: (1) Defendants’ Motion to Dismiss (ECF No. 6); and (2) Plaintiff’s “Motion for Temporary Restraint [sic].” (ECF No. 3). For the reasons explained below, the court will GRANT Defendants’ motion to dismiss the Complaint and DENY Plaintiff’s motion.
The Complaint contains a rambling and often fantastical discussion of alleged misconduct by Defendants. More specifically, Plaintiff alleges, inter alia, that Defendants:
1. Apparently implanted an electrical device in his body;
2. Attempted to endanger him and others by: (i) causing “unneeded sounding of horns and other vehicular noises such as car alarms”; (ii) provoking and manipulating him into reacting negatively by the use of such noises; (iii) interfering with radio broadcasts;
3. Defamed him by asserting he was “sexually promiscuous, ” “homosexual, bisexual, a gender confused individual, a rapist, a racist, a pedophile, a Christian zealot, a criminal, and other pejoratives”; deceived Plaintiff’s family and friends into believing his natural drive to procreate is a disease;
4. Conspired with his wife and others to “frame [ ] him as mentally ill” for the purpose of covering up Defendants’ crimes against Plaintiff; conspired with his wife to “attack plaintiff’s gender” by means of sexual assaults and persistent “gender insults”; conspired with his wife to abuse his children by training them to commit crimes and by sleep depriving his two year old daughter;
5. Conspired with another woman and Plaintiff’s father to destroy Plaintiff’s marriage and sabotage his attempts to gain custody of his children; conspired with his wife to sabotage his custody efforts after he purportedly attempted to report Defendants’ child exploitation ring to the Department of Homeland Security; broke into his home and stole evidence relating to his custody dispute;
6. “Targeted” Plaintiff’s children because Defendants believed they were “genetically interesting”; used his children to “commit criminal acts, training them like dogs to partake in scenes intended to harm the emotional well-being of Plaintiff”;
7. Attempted to “frame” him as violent; physically attacked him, and stole from him;
8. Obstructed his ability to secure legal assistance and somehow interfered with his access to law enforcement protection and emergency services;
9. Intercepted his email communications in an effort to thwart him from reporting child exploitation to a federal agency, harassed him by tampering with his communications on various websites, including dating websites and Craigslist, and then sent him fabricated emails from fictitious persons; hacked into Plaintiff’s smart phones and ...
Buy This Entire Record For